upgrading

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Sat May 3 12:03:56 CEST 2008

On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 2:52 AM, Paul Douglas Franklin <pdf at yugm.org> wrote:
> I'm in process of upgrading from 2.1 to rc2.2, on a new disk so that I'm
>  not jeopardizing my current setup if I have any problems.
>  My intention is to do backups as shown in
>  http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Backups_for_kolab2

This is not a migration procedure, it expect you will reinstall your
configuration
on the same kolab version.
But it contains good stuff.
You should read the README about migrating from 2.1 to 2.2beta and 2.2rc
and take a look for previous too to have an idea of what is important.

>  then install the new version, restore, and test.  I'm thinking that I
>  shouldn't restore all of /kolab/etc/kolab, just the
>  amavisd.conf.template, main.cf.templatte, and spamassassin/local.cf.

If you have modified these file yourself, compare them using the diff utility
an try to apply your change to the new files

>  Is this a good, workable process?

As you said, you have nothing to loose and some guy here can help you
if you have precise problems.

Regards

>  --
>  Paul Douglas Franklin
>  Computer Manager, Union Gospel Mission of Yakima, Washington
>  Husband of Danette
>  Father of Laurene, Miriam, Tycko, Timothy, Sarabeth, Marie, Dawnita, Anna Leah, Alexander, and Caleb

Alain Spineux
aspineux gmail com
May the sources be with you