Initial setup problem OpenSUSE version: Cyclic link

Richard Bos ml at radoeka.nl
Fri May 2 17:52:01 CEST 2008

Op Friday 02 May 2008 17:17:26 schreef Klaus Vink Slott:
> On 30. April 2008 I wrote:
> > I have the same problem as described by John at Thu Apr 10 11:52:25 on
> > this list: "Cyclic link when trying to start web interface"
>
> After having fumbled around somewhat I have some success if I adjust the
> php include_path to
> ".:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php5/PEAR:/usr/share/php5/Smarty/:/etc/kolab/"

What did you add?  Was it the /etc/kolab?

> It is now possible to access the admin page if I write the full path to the
> admin pages. This is somewhat confusing as the bootstrap script finishes
> off by telling me to go to https://server.domain/kolab - but on my system I
> have to go to https://server.domain/kolab/admin to avoid a cyclic link.
> apache error logs:
>  Directory index forbidden by Options directive: /srv/www/htdocs/kolab/
>
> Likewise after creating a user it is not possible to access free/busy
> information for this user: My browser tells me "Object not found!" does the
> user have to login and upload a calender before a ical file can be
> retrived? apache error logs:
>  File does not exist: /srv/www/htdocs/freebusy/h.hansen at ifsv.ku.dk
>
> Does the above indicate that some parts are wrong configured or missing in
> Opensuse install guide?

Aaii, about a month ago we changed the path from /srv/www/htdocs/kolab/admin
to /srv/www/htdocs/kolab/
This looks like the cause of the problem.  Can you remove
the /srv/www/htdocs/kolab/ from the apache configuration file
/etc/apache2/conf.d/kolab.conf

I think that this piece of code is the problem:
<Location "/kolab">
    ErrorDocument 403 https://.......com/kolab/
</Location>

What happens if you remove that?

--
Richard Bos
We are borrowing the world of our children,