Kolab 2.2 on x86_64

Franz Skale i.bin at dah.am
Thu Mar 27 14:09:22 CET 2008

Chuck Fisher schrieb:
> Hello,
> I'm sorry if this has been addressed before, but I cannot find if it has.
>
> I am currently testing Kolab on hardware that I can play with.
>
> The problem I seem to be having with Kolab's Horde, is when I click to
> read a message the browser asks me if I wish to download "message.php"
> instead of opening the message.
>
> This problem occured with CentOS 5.1 x86_64. This page
> (http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_Server_Troubleshooting_-_Compiling)
> is the only mention I have found to my initial problem installing the
> OpenPKG Kolab 2.2 RC2. I installed the glibc-devel.i386 it suggests and
> the install went fine as far as I can tell. With the exception of this
> problem with Horde, I did not found any other issues.
>
> I then installed CentOS i386 on the same hardware and the problem no
> longer exists.
>
> At issue is that if I do go with Kolab to replace my current system, it
> must be on a x86_64 OS. The hardware is 6 terabytes of RAID.
> So I'm wondering if I missed something, or is Kolab not able to run
> under a x86_64 OS at this time?
>

> Thanks!
> Chuck

Hi chuck.
you haven't activated php in your apache config.
Do have php enabled in your apache.base file ?
Like:
#   PHP4 support
<IfModule mod_php4.c>
    AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
</IfModule>
Is your php module actually loaded and activated ?
Make a test via telnet.
telnet kolabhost 80
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
xget / http/1.0

HTTP/1.1 501 Method Not Implemented
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 13:05:25 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.37 (OpenPKG/%s) DAV/1.0.3 PHP/4.4.0 mod_ssl/2.8.28
OpenSSL/0.9.8a
Allow: GET, HEAD, OPTIONS, TRACE
Connection: close

<HTML><HEAD>
<TITLE>501 Method Not Implemented</TITLE>
</HEAD><BODY>
<H1>Method Not Implemented</H1>
xget to / not supported.<P>
Invalid method in request xget / http/1.0<P>
</BODY></HTML>
Connection closed by foreign host.

Or apache -l
Should show: