Install on Ubuntu Gutsy fails (perl)

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 13:43:27 CET 2008

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 11:54 AM, David Correia <baal-uix at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>  I'm trying to install with openpkg but the install fails at the perl
>  package.
>
>  make[1]: Leaving directory `/kolab/RPM/TMP/perl-5.8.7'
>  ./makedepend: 1: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string
>  make: *** [depend] Error 2
>
>  If you compile perl on a different machine or from a different object
>  directory, copy the Policy.sh file from this object directory to the
>  new one before you run Configure -- this will help you with most of
>  the policy defaults.

I had a problem with perl at install time when SELINUX was enabled.
I switched to permissive or disabled and the problem disappeared.

I made some post about this long time ago, it was on a Fedora 7 or 8
or on a Centos 5.
Check the archive for more, maybe they are something in the wiki too.

>  I've seen the person on the wiki have the same problem.
>  Anybody have an idea ?
>
>  Thanks
>
>  David

Alain Spineux