Kolab 2.2 RC on Debian Lenny as .deb

Daryl Caudill drokmedkolab at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 12 17:15:21 CET 2008

Hello Richard,

Thanks for the response.  My intentions are to help clean up the Debian native packages for Kolab and Horde.  I noticed Mathieu Parent has taken a lead on this, and produced deb packages for 2.2.  He has made them available at:

http://mathieu.parent.free.fr/debian/kolab/2.2~rc1+20080204

I just found that there is a separate mailing list for the Debian Kolab packages, and I have joined it.

Regards,

Daryl

Richard Bos <ml at radoeka.nl> wrote: Hello Daryl,

Op Tuesday 11 March 2008 19:10:57 schreef Daryl Caudill:
> Any chance the 2.2 RC will make it to Debian Lenny?
> I'm anxious to start working on it.  I'll help clean
> up the install issues if anyone is working on it.
>
> I've been playing with the Kolab 2.1 .deb and Horde
> 3.1 .deb on Lenny.  Lots of issues to work through
> that the installation guide doesn't cover.  I started
> creating a how-to, but decided my efforts would be
> better spent on the new Kolab 2.2.
>
> I just d/l source 2.2 and will build another server
> here  to compare the two.

what do you mean precisely with kolab 2.1 deb?  Is that what an install
without openpkg support, or what we call a native install.  If that is the
case, than have a look at the file kolabd/dist_conf/debian.  It determines
the location of everything involved with kolab.  Let me know, what your
intentions are perhaps I can help you a little

--
Richard Bos
We are borrowing the world of our children,