Broken binary packages

Bo Thorsen bo at thorsen-consulting.dk
Wed Mar 5 11:49:05 CET 2008

I installed a clean debian 4.0 yesterday, and tried the binary 2.2 rc1
packages. They didn't work.

The installation went fine, but when I bootstrapped it, the openldap install
complained about no initial setup (or something like it) just before it
temporarily started the ldap server.

After the bootstrap was done, I had something that looked like a functional
kolab server. Except connecting from KMail was completely impossible. It just
timed out when I tried to access the user accounts.

Then I gave up and installed from source without any issues at all.

Bo.

--

Thorsen Consulting ApS - Qt consulting services
http://www.thorsen-consulting.dk