Connect to multiple kolab servers

Bo Thorsen bo at thorsen-consulting.dk
Wed Mar 5 11:42:40 CET 2008

Hi,

Next question: I now have two kolab servers running in two different
companies. I have connected to them without any problems, but sending mails
from Kontact is problematic.

When I'm in one office sending mails from my thorsen-consulting.dk address, I
can't use the other server as sender, because it won't allow a From: address
that isn't in it's list of domains. Not even when I'm using an authenticated
SMTP session. The reverse situation is there when I'm in the other office.

So I need to go into the KMail setup and change the send server and account
information whenever I need to switch to a From: address that is on the other
kolab server.

The obvious fix is to just have two send accounts in KMail, but that doesn't
work. It just connect to the first, barfs, and stops. It never uses the
second one. Not even when I switch which one of them is the standard one.
This one is a KMail bug waiting to be submitted.

The second potential fix is probably going to be easier to implement right
now: Allow thorsen-consulting.dk mails to be sent through the other kolab,
but still arrive here in the office.

Is there a simple way to do this? If it was any other postfix, I'd have found
the way to do this. But I know the sender verification in Kolab is quite
hairy, so I don't want to mess this up.

Thanks,

Bo.

--

Thorsen Consulting ApS - Qt consulting services
http://www.thorsen-consulting.dk