Brand new installation

Christian Tardif christian.tardif at servinfo.ca
Wed Jun 18 14:13:33 CEST 2008

Alain Spineux wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 5:49 AM, Christian Tardif
> <christian.tardif at servinfo.ca> wrote:
>
>> Bernhard Reiter wrote:
>>
>> Am Dienstag, 17. Juni 2008 04:25:03 schrieb Christian Tardif:
>>

>> I finally found my way thru the compilation of kolab 2.2rc3 under
>> Mandriva 2008.1 (in fact, I had to find out obmtool and obmtool.conf, in
>> which I had to list the proper files to compile).
>>

>> What did you have to change?
>>
>> OK....  I realized that I took installation procedure for 2.1 version. I
>> just started (from scratch) the installation of rc3 with the procedure
>> described at:
>> http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_Installation_-_Beta_Sources
>>
>> so, this is with install-kolab.sh script. I'm now getting this at some time:
>>
>> /kolab/lib/openpkg/openpkg: command substitution: line 298: unexpected EOF
>> while looking for matching `''
>> /kolab/lib/openpkg/openpkg: command substitution: line 300: syntax error:
>> unexpected end of file
>> /kolab/lib/openpkg/openpkg: line 298: exec: shtool:path:Error:: not found
>>
>> How do I get rid of that, so I can go through the whole setup?
>>

> Maybe you are using a exotic shell like csh or tcsh.
> Can you try running
>
> # /bin/bash install-kolab.sh -F -H .........
I was running under sh. Anyway, I tried with bash, with no more luck.

I did a little thing, then. I added, at the end of
/kolab/lib/openpkg/openpkg (as per Gunnar):

echo "exec ${cmd_shell} ${cmd_path} \${1+\"\$@\"}"

in order to find out what was going wrong. I finally found that the error: shtool:path:Error:: not found

is, in fact:

exec shtool:path:Error: failed to create temporary directory `/root/tmp/.shtool.9895''

So, in order to continue the installation process, I changed
(temporarily, of course) the permissions of /root and /tmp to 0777

As of now, the installation process continues...

Will let you know when  it stops...  for success or not.

--
Christian Tardif