master/slave setup via VPN?

Thorsten Schnebeck thorsten.schnebeck at gmx.net
Sun Jul 20 20:57:32 CEST 2008

Am Sonntag 20 Juli 2008 schrieb Thorsten Schnebeck:
> Am Samstag 19 Juli 2008 schrieb Alain Spineux:
> > On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 10:38 PM, Thorsten Schnebeck

> > You can add this entry in /etc/hosts
> >
> > 10.10.10.2               slave.domain2.com
>
> Hmm, does not work :-(
> When I ping to slave.domain2.com now it pings to 10.10.10.2
> but postfix still want to deliver to the real IP. I also insert
>
> smtp_host_lookup = native,dns
>
> into  /kolab/etc/postfix/main.cf but this somehow does not change anything.
> Using transport does also not work. Maybe a conflict with Kolabs homeserver
> ldap settings?
>
> Any ideas?
Ok, seems to work now, but only after one timeout.
I use
smtp      unix  -       -       n       -       -       smtp -o
fallback_relay=10.10.10.2

in master.cf

now I get
> connect to slave.domain2.com[4.3.2.1]: Connection timed out (port 25)
> to=<info at maildomain3.com>, relay=10.10.10.2[10.10.10.2]:25, delay=30,
> delays=0.03/0.01/30/0.06, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 Ok:
> queued as 1430A19F97C)

and for some unknown reasons I get on the _slave_ for one of the mail domain
names a

> : to=<info at maildomain3.com>, relay=none, delay=0.01, delays=0.01/0/0/0,
> dsn=5.4.6, status=bounced (mail for 10.10.10.2 loops back to myself)

I have no problems with delivering mails to maildomain2.com on the slave.
Maybe because maildomain2.com==domainname of the slave. But this could be
solved in using the master as smarthost of the slave.

While now everything seems to work stable, this was a little bit of
voodoo. :-/ weekend!! :-)

Tips & hints for a better or cleaner solution or a better understanding of
this stuff are welcome!

Bye

  Thorsten