Can't receive mail after upgrading from 2.2rc2 to 2.2 release Even more information

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Fri Jul 18 12:05:51 CEST 2008

* Saim Kim <s.kim at hia.rwth-aachen.de> [20080718 10:05]:
> Thomas Arendsen Hein schrieb:
> > * Saim Kim <s.kim at hia.rwth-aachen.de> [20080717 17:54]:
> >
> >> Here is an error message from the postfix.log:
> >>
> >> Jul 17 17:41:34 stud14 <info> postfix/qmgr[1102]: F0E31496884:
> >> from=<s.kim at medit.intern>, size=967, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
> >> Jul 17 17:41:41 stud14 <info> postfix/smtp[1370]: F0E31496884:
> >> to=<test1 at medit.intern>, relay=127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]:10024, delay=546,
> >> delays=539/0/0/7.1, dsn=4
> >> .5.0, status=deferred (host 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1] said: 451 4.5.0 Error
> >> in processing, id=00581-04, virus_scan FAILED: virus_scan: ALL VIRUS
> >> SCANNERS FAILED: C
> >> lam Antivirus-clamd av-scanner FAILED: CODE(0x89039e0) Too many retries
> >> to talk to /kolab/var/clamav/clamd.sock (Can't connect to UNIX socket
> >> /kolab/var/clama
> >> v/clamd.sock: 2) at (eval 99) line 310. at (eval 99) line 511.; Clam
> >> Antivirus - /kolab/bin/clamscan av-scanner FAILED: /kolab/bin/clamscan
> >> DIED on signal 4 (
> >> 0004) at (eval 99) line 511. (in reply to end of DATA command))
> >>
> >> So, even though in the admin webinterface Amavis is checked it still
> >> seems not to work, right? Can that be the cause of my mail delivery
> >> problem? How can I solve this problem?
> >
> > The web interface just looks at LDAP, not at the reality. It tries
> > to change the reality to match LDAP, but for this it relies on the
> > system behaving correctly.
> >
> > In this case "kolabd" should translate the file
> > /kolab/etc/kolab/templates/master.cf.template
> > containing
> > @@@if postfix-enable-virus-scan@@@
> >     -o content_filter=smtp-amavis:[@@@local_addr@@@]:10024
> > @@@else@@@
> >     -o content_filter=
> > @@@endif@@@
> >
> > into /kolab/etc/postfix/master.cf
> > containing either the content_filter=smtp-amavis line or the other.
> >
> > Check the later file. If it is not correct, try running
> > /kolab/sbin/kolabconf
> >
> > If this does not solve the problem add the line "debug : 1" to
> > /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab.conf and run kolabconf again to see where it
> > aborts.
>
> I checked the /kolab/etc/kolab/templates/master.cf.template
> and/kolab/etc/postfix/master.cf. Both look fine and have the
> content_filter=smtp-amavis line.

I thought you said you disabled it, so it should not be there in
master.cf

Now disable it to see if mail (without spam/virus checking) works
for you.

> Also, I did the /kolab/sbin/kolab.conf with the debug line added. There
> were also no error messages. The only thing was these lines here:
>
> T Debug: `/kolab/etc/clamav/clamd.conf' change detected: Dateien
> /kolab/etc/clamav/clamd.conf und /kolab/etc/clamav/clamd.conf.old sind
> verschieden.
> T Debug: Finished creating configuration file `/kolab/etc/clamav/clamd.conf'
>
> T Debug: `/kolab/etc/clamav/freshclam.conf' change detected: Dateien
> /kolab/etc/clamav/freshclam.conf und
> /kolab/etc/clamav/freshclam.conf.old sind verschieden.
> T Debug: Finished creating configuration file
> `/kolab/etc/clamav/freshclam.conf'
>
> KC: Reloading kolab components
> K: Restarting clamav...
> OpenPKG: restart: clamav.
> K: Reload finished
> KC: Finished
>
> So, it looks to me, that kolab.conf runs fine, right?

Right.

> Nevertheless,
> clamav is not "active" when I call /kolab/bin/openpkg rc all start and
> check the status. Interestingly, I get the same error on a fresh install.

Yes, you have to solve the clamav problem, otherwise of course it
won't work. One of my other mails contained instructions where to
look.

Thomas

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrueck - Register: Amtsgericht Osnabrueck, HR B 18998