IMAP recovery

Saim Kim s.kim at hia.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Jul 18 09:33:02 CEST 2008

Thomas Arendsen Hein schrieb:
> * Saim Kim <s.kim at hia.rwth-aachen.de> [20080718 01:47]:
>
>> I tried to do a complete IMAP recovery as described in the backups how-to in the wiki. But so far I have not been able to access the mails e.g. calendar events. I ran the cyrreconstruct command like this (as kolab-r):
>> /kolab/bin/cyrreconstruct -rf user/user/folder/subfolder at mydomain.com
>>
>> When I log into Horde I have an empty calendar eventhough the directory (imapd/spool/...) is full with events? Any hints?
>>

> cyrreconstruct can't reconstruct (or rather invent) ACLs (not
> related to your problem) and annotations (the folder meta
> information where e.g. the type of a folder is stored).
>
> See http://kolab.org/pipermail/kolab-users/2007-October/006934.html
>
> Thomas

Hello Thomas,

the Wikki was quite clear about the ACL's. So, of course I did save the
ACL's with the mailboxlist and read it back before the cyrreconstruct. I
checked in cyradm and all mailboxes are shown with the correct ACL's.
Interestingly, also a broken mailbox which prevent the automatic
freebusy regeneration before suddenly didn't bother the process anymore.

The problem is, that I don't see any email e.g. calendar events in my
recovered system even though the email is in the spool directory and the
mailbox is shown correctly in the cyradm interface.

Best regards,
Saim

Dipl.-Ing. Saim Kim
Lehrstuhl fuer Medizinische Informationstechnik
Helmholtz-Institut fuer Biomedizinische Technik
RWTH Aachen
Pauwelsstr. 20, D-52074 Aachen
---
Web:   http://www.medit.hia.rwth-aachen.de/