Lost mailbox ACLs

Troy Carpenter troy at carpenter.cx
Mon Jul 14 02:41:13 CEST 2008

Something strange happened on my system overnight, and I don't know if my
recovery actions may have caused this, but some of the mailboxes in users
accounts.  Some inboxes were simply missing the ACL for the user, but I'm
talking about ones that don't have any ACLs at all, so the cyrus admin user
can't even add the user back in because that account isn't in the ACL either.

The lm command lists the mailboxes, and they exist in the mailbox tree, but
they don't show up in any clients, and like I said, the lam command comes
back blank.

Any ideas?