Problems installing on openSuse 11.0

Michael Harnden mike at rochestervball.com
Wed Jul 2 03:03:30 CEST 2008

Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> Hi Micheal,
>
> Michael Harnden <mike at rochestervball.com> writes:
>

>> Try to install the latest release version on openSuse 11.0.
>>

> You mean the 2.1 release?

Yes, I forgot that detail, 2.1 release.

>> My openpkg install fails due to perl failing to install. I found this -
>> http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_Server_Troubleshooting_-_Compiling#Perl_fails_to_build:_.2Fkolab.2Fbin.2Fperl:_bad_interpreter:_no_such_file_or_directory
>> - but it doesn't seem to apply.
>>
>> The install log at point of failure is:
>> SysV.xs.7:25: error asm/page.h: No such file or directory
>>

> I think this file has been removed on newer systems. I remeber seeing
> that once on Gentoo but I don't remeber exactly if there was something
> I was able to do about it. You'll find many comments if you google for
> that error.

You are correct on that one. I searched my system and couldn't find it.
I had to install my kernel sources then linked
/usr/src/linux/include/asm-generic/page.h to /usr/include/asm/. The
installation is running as I type, but it has made it past the previous
error, so I think I am good.

Thank you for the assistance,
Mike