Zero emails again

Paul Franklin yugm6161 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 1 06:17:55 CEST 2008

I have rebooted the box, and things look to be happening again  The log is not showing any temporary suspensions since the reboot.I have an inkling of the proximate cause, but I don't think a properly-set-up  install should do this.  This morning, somewhere around the time the mail stopped being delivered, I issued the command/kolab/bin/openpkg rc all restartwhen what I intended to issue was/kolab/bin/openpkg rc amavisd restart.And I recently--within the past two months--added a backup which includes an rc all stop and an rc all start.  This backup routine runs nightly.  I looked back in the log and found that it experienced some read timeouts during the night about the time it would have done the backup.Having the backup is important, but if it is causing occasional outages, I need to change something.--Paul