Unable to view mail messages

Troy Carpenter troy at carpenter.cx
Tue Jan 29 20:21:45 CET 2008

On Wed Jan 16 19:21:17 CET 2008, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
>On Monday 07 January 2008 19:33, Paul Waldo wrote:
>> FWIW, the unreadable messages seem to be random.  I can read some messages
>> normally, yet others cause this problem.
>
>If you can frame it on specific messages and it is reproducable with these,
>even when the Kolab Server is freshly started, you are one step further.
>You could try to upload the messages so others can see if they could
>reproduce it.

Hi,

New user here.  A bit of background.  I have installed Kolab 2.2b3 using
openpkg source on my Ubuntu 64bit Gutsy server.  I have also compiled and
installed the January 9th clamav update.  I am new to Kolab, but have
experience with most of the components, even using my previous IMAP server
with the Kontact groupware settings to store calendar and contacts.

I've recompiled php and apache-php to allow normal website operation (mysql
and other extensions) in conjunction with the standard Kolab web pages.

I am also seeing the horde problem with the emails coming over as empty .php
files on Firefox.  Like Paul, when I see the issue I get the segmentation
fault log in the Apache log as follows:
[Tue Jan 29 13:07:01 2008] [notice] child pid 6830 exit signal Segmentation
fault (11)

The process referenced by pid 6830 is transient, so it changes with each log,
although I speculate it is a php-related process.

I sometimes also see the following log (again, as noted by Paul):
zend_mm_heap corrupted
(just like that...no date/time stamp)

I have some emails that seem to always work, and some that seem to always
cause the problem.  How and where would you like for me to upload them?  Can
I simply save them from kmail, or do I need to pull the message straight out
of the imap spool directory?  Do I post them to this list as attachments?

Thanks,
Troy Carpenter