kolab integration with custom web site

Liutauras Adomaitis liutauras at infosaitas.lt
Tue Jan 29 17:14:08 CET 2008

Hello,

I would like to have some recommendations on the issue below?

Currently we use a custom web site to manage our tasks. We would like to
integrate it with Kolab in the following way:

we want to automatically generate a "new calendar event" Kontact pop-up from
our website. I.e., lets say a planner is reviewing the tasks in the web
browser in our self-developed task list. He picks up a task and presses on
it, and a "new calendar event" in Kontact is generated with a task
description already inserted in an appropriate way. The planner additionally
specifies the time and presses "ok" and, as a result, the event is inserted
into Kolab server.
In some way we imagine this would be similar when in the website one presses
on the email link in the website and automatically the default mail
application creates a new mail message to that recipient.

The other question is if it is possible to generate custom email messages from
web application to send Kolab compatible emails. As I know kolab is working
with simple email messages with xml attachments. Is it so? If so, then there
should be the way to create xml attachments from the web and send them to
Kolab compatible mail clients.

let me know if I have been clear enough.
Looking forward for any info.

--
Liutauras
Technikos Direktorius