Mail-Distribution-List of Kolab-Accounts in Exchange/Outlook

Volker Stoppe Grenzlaeufer at gmx.net
Fri Jan 18 15:39:23 CET 2008

Am 15.01.2008, 18:55 Uhr, schrieb Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de>:

> On Tuesday 15 January 2008 13:14, Volker Stoppe wrote:
>> We have a Kolab2 and an Exchange-Server/Outlook running. I have the
>> task
>> to provide a Distribution List of my Kolab-Server to Exchange/Outlook.
>> An
>> LDAP-Adressbook is not enough. Has anybody experience in connecting
>> these
>> worlds?
>
> We do have experience connecting these worlds for some levels,
> e.g. see http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/utils/ldap-sync/

This is an interesting utility! I will test it, when when we find the time.

>> It would be possible for me to
>>   write a script which converts the "slapcat" to a csv-file. But I don´t
>> even know if my exhange-colleague could import this kind of file.
>
> Your task description is to coarse to propose a solution.

I have an better idea for us. The employes want to have an mail-adress,
with which they can write a mail to all kolab users. I can make an slapcat
to get all e-mail-adresses of the kolab server. Then I can automaticly
filter it to the group of persons, who shall get the mail. I have to
exclude the administrator, reminder and a few spevial accounts. I could
append the output to /etc/kolab/template/virtual.template behind a main
adress like organisation-users at organisation.com ... Maybe its better to
source a file of all mail-users in virtual-template.

Thanx

Volker