Mail not getting thru

Paul Douglas Franklin pdf6161 at paulfranklin.org
Tue Jan 8 06:35:36 CET 2008

When I checked my mail this evening, I noticed that I don't seem to have
gotten mail  in the past 24 or so hours.  So I did some testing.
My mail routes through an off-site mail server before  it comes to my
house.  I have fetchmail on the Kolab box configured with a cron job to
query the pop3 server periodically and send the mail on to Kolab.  I
sent a test message thru the off-site server and then manually ran
fetchmail.  It reported fetching one message, but the message never
showed up in my Kolab box.
I do not know what logs to check - - wait.  While I was typing that last
sentence, the dam suddenly burst.  I got 24 hours of messages in
seconds.  Any ideas what would cause that?  I'd like to feel a bit more
in control.
--Paul

--
Paul Douglas Franklin