Migration from MS Exchange to Kolab (imapsync)

Adam Katz kolab at khopis.com
Tue Jan 8 16:58:03 CET 2008

> > I could not implement the above method, but I did manage to do it all at
> > once (which seems a better option anyway) with:
> >
> >   nice imapsync --host1 exchange --user1 "$u1" --password1 "$p1" \
> >                 --host2 kolab    --user2 "$u2" --password2 "$p2" \
> >                 --regextrans2 's/INBOX.INBOX/INBOX/'

> Thanks for the info!
>
> Added to http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Microsoft_Exchange

I should note that I was migrating from uw-imapd v2002.330 to
kolab-cyrus-imapd v2.2.13-2 (Debian package), not MS Exchange.  I simply
mimiced the format used in the thread.  I see now that that was consusing.

I still think the use of --regextrans2 is preferable to running the code
twice, though the exact syntax may vary.

-Adam