KolabFilter Forged Header and :465

Nigel Davis nigel_davis at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 29 15:50:39 CET 2008

Hi
I hope you guys get this, i registered on here before, altho i found my email in the archive with replies, i never actually received any mails to my inbox, also i never had any reg confirmation = so fingers crossed. Also, i hope this is the right place, and that what i am trying to achieve is valid.

Kolab 2.1 on OpenSuse 10.3

running the server Nat;d behind a firewall.

It all started when i was trying to get Altermime to work for outgoing email. I want to apply a standard disclaimer.... So i followed the instructions in the Wiki.  http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Adding_disclaimer

Installed the Altermime, ran from the command line - all ok.
Configured the Master.cf template in Kolab to direct the MTA thro Altermime script.
Works for incoming email but not outgoing! So in effect the altermime script works, its just not being called for the outgoing email.

The users have 2 methods of connecting to send/receive email - Horde and Outlook. Outlook (internal and external to the LAN) uses 465  and all that as per the opensuse build detailed in opensuse Wiki. http://en.opensuse.org/Kolab to send email, so obviously the Altermime filter isnt being called. so i added the content filter call to the relevant entry in master.cf template. Now it does appear to call the altermime and appends the disclaimer to the email. But then it is passed to the Kolabfilter which rejects the email as a forged Header because the sendmail function of postfix appears to loose the Authd user info and client address as its passed through.

I also looked at this: http://lists.kde.org/?l=kroupware&m=114018629726046&w=2
unfortunately that didnt work either.
Is it possible for me to do what i am trying to achieve with the current solution or do i need to reconfigure a great deal? Because the user is auth'd when it hits the server and they will always have to be to use 465 is there anyway of bypassing the kolabfilter on these emails?
Also will i be able to do the same with Horde, Horde runs on the same box as the Kolab installation, and If i set 127.0.0.1:smtp to call the content filter i think the email wont be delivered? At least it doesnt appear to be, and the logs just say deferred.

I also looked at the script used in this solution: http://www.howtoforge.com/add-disclaimers-to-outgoing-emails-with-altermime-postfix-debian-etch
again it didnt work, i wondered if that was something to do with it being for debian?

I would appreciate any feedback you can offer on the best way forward, or even if it is possible.

Thanks
Nigel

PS. Lets hope the list works properly with my hotmail address :)