Lost access to shared imap contacts folder

Johannes Graumann johannes_graumann at web.de
Wed Feb 20 10:04:01 CET 2008

Gunnar Wrobel wrote:

> Johannes Graumann <johannes_graumann at web.de> writes:
>
>> I backuped my 2.1 installation and dabbled around with 2.2-rc1.
>> I discarded the 2.2 idea, after realizing that the installation process
>> had not configured properly all components.
>> I deleted the /kolab directory and restored my original 2.1 install.
>> Now I don't have access anymore to  a shared contacts folder I set up
>> previously.
>> According to the web management interface It's supposed to be there,
>> it's owned by the right group, my user is in that group. cyradmin also
>> shows it to be there ...
>> kontact doesn't pull the contents any longer.
>> Does anybody have any hints on what I might do about that?
>
> Can you post the cyradm output on that folder?
Sure:
        localhost> lm
        shared.family contacts at morannon.homelinux.org (\HasNoChildren)
        localhost> lam shared.family\ contacts at morannon.homelinux.org
        group:family at morannon.homelinux.org lrswipda

> And maybe the relevant
> LDAP entries if the access is based on a group account.
dn: cn=family
contacts at morannon.homelinux.org,dc=morannon,dc=homelinux,dc=org
kolabHomeServer: morannon.homelinux.org
structuralObjectClass: kolabSharedFolder
entryUUID: bf7fe536-380f-102b-9d5c-613a8f7ed1e4
creatorsName: cn=manager,cn=internal,dc=morannon,dc=homelinux,dc=org
createTimestamp: 20070114114016Z
objectClass: kolabSharedFolder
cn: family contacts at morannon.homelinux.org
kolabFolderType: contact
acl: group:family at morannon.homelinux.org all
entryCSN: 20070115080821Z#000000#00#000000
modifiersName: cn=manager,cn=internal,dc=morannon,dc=homelinux,dc=org
modifyTimestamp: 20070115080821Z

dn:
cn=family at morannon.homelinux.org,cn=internal,dc=morannon,dc=homelinux,dc=o
 rg
structuralObjectClass: kolabGroupOfNames
entryUUID: 9a0c213c-38bb-102b-8d60-734a7c587fc5
creatorsName: cn=manager,cn=internal,dc=morannon,dc=homelinux,dc=org
createTimestamp: 20070115081026Z
objectClass: kolabGroupOfNames
cn: family at morannon.homelinux.org
mail: family at morannon.homelinux.org
member: cn=Johannes Graumann,dc=morannon,dc=homelinux,dc=org
entryCSN: 20070115081032Z#000000#00#000000
modifiersName: cn=manager,cn=internal,dc=morannon,dc=homelinux,dc=org
modifyTimestamp: 20070115081032Z

> Did you check with a different client if it is a client side problem?
I moved my .kde directory to a backup location and rerun kolabwizard. I have
the same issue with the resulting fresh kontact configuration - not as good
as a different client, but close ...

Thanks for your time,

Joh