freebusy with kolab debian packages

Mike Gabriel m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Mon Feb 18 21:58:38 CET 2008

hi gunnar,

On Montag 18 Februar 2008, Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> [...]
>
> If you use the newest packages from CVS there should be no need to
> patch php and c-client anymore. The newer package should be able to
> automatically switch to the PEAR Net_IMAP package if it detects an
> unpatched PHP5.

i have created my own sort of kolab-freebusy-CVS backport in /usr/local and it
works surprisingly well together with kolab-2.1 as in debian.

i can generate freebusy-cache elements with freebusy/trigger (https
authentication required) and download freebusy files without auth.

my problem for horde-integration now is:

  o for freebusy/trigger, the scripts require authentication. this works fine
    when authenticating (with a browser) as the owner of the calendar folders
    in question
  o but normally the owner of a calendar does not authenticate on freebusy
    requests. as i understand it, horde uses a generic account that has
    calendar read-access to all calendars on the kolab system
  o probably similar with other kolab clients???
  o i tried to authenticate against freebusy/trigger with my kolab/LDAP
    systems calendar user, but the freebusy/trigger https authentication
    failed

so how can i tell horde, to trigger the fbgeneration on my calendars without
calendar owner authentication???

another question remains: how do i trigger fbgeneration of calendars stored in
shared folders?

thanks for any hints,
mike

--

+++ das-netzwerkteam.de +++

mike gabriel, hamburger chaussee 240, 24113 kiel
fon: +49 431 64-74-196
fax: +49 431 64-74-276
voip/voicemail: +49 431 643 643 6
mail: m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de