Cross Domain Folder Access

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 03:29:16 CET 2008

On Feb 12, 2008 9:25 PM, Stuart M Anderson
<stuart-kolabusers at stuartanderson.org> wrote:
> Evening Ladies & Gents,
>         Ive just upgraded my old Kolab install to the 2.1.0 build and I'm having a
> problem setting my system up the way I used to have it. Almost all my users
> have their own domains and I've set them up that way in Kolab example:
> UID - Primary Email Address - Mailbox Home Server
> colin - colin at iduniken.com - serena.vm.nx15.com
> Stuart - stuart at stuartanderson.eu - serena.vm.nx15.com
>
>         I need to let colin read Stuart's calendar but every time I try adding
> colin at iduniken.com I get told the user identity is invalid, adding Colin
> producing no error messages but which ever way I do it Colin cant read
> Stuart's Calendar.

You cannot do that. Today cross domain ACL is not available in cyrus-imap !
This is a requested feature.
Since imapd-2.3.10, shared folder can be shared between domains, but not more.

> Do I have to make all my users again putting them in the
> same domain to allow them to read each others calendar

Yes, and as manager, you could be able to create cross domain aliases.
Or let your user create a redirection (using sieve) from their personal domain.

>or is there another
> way?

No other way!

> I don't know much about group accounts but this would seem like the
> perfect use for them, is that possible?

> --
> Stuart McCulloch Anderson

Alain Spineux