Calendar user permissions

Emanuel Schütze emanuel at intevation.de
Mon Feb 11 17:24:01 CET 2008

Hi Thomas,

On Montag, 11. Februar 2008, Thomas Black wrote:
> I posted this to the dev list, but realised it would probably be more
> appropriate on this list...
correct

> I've been scouring the net and I can't seem to find any reference of
> how to give the Calendar user access to the calendar folders.
> I can see that you need to use the cyradm tool and sam command to set
> the permissions, but what *exactly* is the command?

1. Connect with cyradm to the Kolab imap server as user manager:
 # /kolab/bin/cyradm --user=manager localhost

2. List all ACLs of your calendar folder:
 lam user/testuser/calendarFolder at example.com

3. Set ACL ('all' permissions) for user 'calendar':
 sam user/testuser/calendarFolder at example.com calendar at example.com all

4. Check the new ACLs:
 lam user/testuser/calendarFolder at example.com

> I think it would be useful to add this to the wiki.
yes, indeed.
There are only a general cyradm section:
http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/IMAP_mailbox_maintenance#cyradm

And a page for imap ACL information with some examples:
http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/IMAP_ACL
There, I added the 4 steps above in a new section. Please edit, if something
wrong or to short.

> I started with a 2.2beta2 install and have been upgrading - is this
> not set by default at any stage during the install?
Sorry, I'm not sure...

Regards,
Emanuel

--
Emanuel Schütze  |  ++49-541-335 08 38  |  http://www.intevation.de/
Intevation GmbH, Georgstr. 4, 49074 Osnabrück, DE | AG Osnabrück, HR B 18998