Duplicate User Names

Richard Bos ml at radoeka.nl
Sun Feb 10 21:19:27 CET 2008

Op Sunday 10 February 2008 20:14:47 schreef Helga Mayer:
> I'm pretty new to kolab (and to LDAP). So far we had system accounts on
> the mailserver and users had a uniqe uid.
>
> We have got several users with common firstnames and also common
> family names. How can I create unique objects for kolab ?
> Using the field 'Unique Identity' didn't help, I still get:
>
> LDAP Error: could not add object cn=Helga Mayer,dc=uni-hohenheim,dc=de:
> Already exists

That's a known problem, see e.g.:
https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue903
https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue671
perhaps this one:
https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue182

Well you get it,  you're not the only one asking for this, and if I'm not
mistaken it be will taken care of in the next major release (3.x) of kolab.

--
Richard Bos
We are borrowing the world of our children,