2.1 to 2.2-rc-1 upgrade B): kolabquotawarn

Johannes Graumann johannes_graumann at web.de
Fri Feb 8 22:35:09 CET 2008

Since doing the upgrade as advertised I got the following error-mail:
> Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string
> at /kolab/lib/perl/vendor_perl/5.10.0/Kolab.pm line 170.
> Password verification failed.
> Use of uninitialized value $Kolab::config{"base_dn"} in concatenation (.)
> or string at /kolab/lib/perl/vendor_perl/5.10.0/Kolab.pm line 186.
> Use of uninitialized value $Kolab::config{"bind_dn"} in concatenation (.)
> or string at /kolab/lib/perl/vendor_perl/5.10.0/Kolab.pm line 200.
> fatal: Can't read configuration, please make sure that kolabquotawarn runs
> with sufficient privileges

I then compared the permissions of /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab.conf of the
upgraded install with that of my backup and found that the new install's
was owned by "kolab-n:kolab-n", while the original one was owned
by "kolab:kolab". I changed the ownership to the backup one and don't seem
to get the email since then ... is this a bug (which I fixed) or am I just
not waiting long enough for the next message?

Joh