export/import annotations.db

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 14:32:44 CET 2008

On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 11:25 PM,  <Lucidblue0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Alain,
>
> this is the output of the >rpm -qa "bdb*" "db*":
>
> Current Server:
> dbus-1-mono-0.63-28
> dbus-1-1.0.0-7
> dbus-1-glib-0.71-26
> db-4.4.20-16
> dbus-1-x11-1.0.0-7
> dbus-1-python-0.71-28
> db-utils-4.4.20-16
>
> New Server:
>
> dbus-1-glib-0.74-25
> dbus-1-1.0.2-59
> db-utils-4.5.20-29

I was expecting a db-?? on your new server !
db-utils-4.4 vs db-utils-4.5 means the version has changed between
your two server.

Anyway I dont know how your version of cyrus-imap is linked with the
berkeley db library in the Suse package
and then wich version it's using !

Anyway doing a conversion in between should always solve the problem
in any case (even if the source and the targed
imap server are identical platforms)

OPS: did I say you have to do the export using the cvt_cyrusdb of the
source server and do the import using the one of the target server ?

Regards

> -- I don't know what I'm looking for here, I wouldn't imagine any of the
> dbus packages would have anything to do with it, the db-utils is newer, and
> I'm missing the db-?.?.?? package, must not be used in the new install (I'm
> going non gui because it just wastes space)...
>
> I'll try the script stuff after trying to just copy it manually and see if
> it yells again..
>
> thanks,
> -Skip
>
> On Dec 27, 2008 1:35am, Alain Spineux <aspineux at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 8:54 AM,  Lucidblue0 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi all,
>>

>> > I'm trying to migrate a current install of 2.1 to a 2.2 server.
>>

>> > I first exported the LDAP on the original system. I ran kolab_bootstrap
>> > -b
>>
>> > on the new system and then cleared out the new LDAP, changed the hashes
>> > for
>>
>> > the nobody and manager accounts in the exported ldif file, then had a
>>
>> > successful import. This finally was the easiest approach, even after
>> > trying
>>
>> > to find all the config files, I guess the hash was still different even
>>
>> > though it was the same pass...
>>

>> > Next I was able to export and then import the mailboxes.db.
>>

>> > The last vital step (aside from rsync'ing the mail), is to somehow copy
>> > the
>>
>> > annotations.db, I remember when I tried to do this in the past, I just
>>
>> > copied the file and I was getting DB_ERROR's in the log files.
>>

>> > After much googling, I'm not seeing anything that actually mentions how
>>
>> > do this, all the backup docs I've found just skip over it, saying "and
>> > you
>>
>> > might want to backup the annotations.db too".
>>

>> Yes, you have to copy the annotation.db too
>>

>> Happy New Year !
>>

>> > Should I be able to just copy that file and put it into the new install?
>>
>> > have multiple calendar and contact folders on group account and also one
>> > or
>>
>> > more per user account.
>>

>> > Any ideas about this would be great. The migration is going from a SuSE
>> > 10.2
>>
>> > native (Kolab 2.1) to a SuSE 10.3 native (Kolab 2.2).
>>

>> .... hum, it depent the Berkely DB package, run this on both machine and
>> compare
>>

>> # rpm -qa "bdb*" "db*"
>>

>> If they is enought different then it could be not compatible.
>>

>> If so here it part of my backup/restore restore script :
>>

>>   # backup
>>
>>   su $eg_cyrus_user -c "/kolab/bin/cvt_cyrusdb $ANNOTATIONS_DB
>>
>> berkeley $ANNOTATIONS_BAK skiplist"
>>

>>   # restore
>>
>>   chown $eg_cyrus_user.$eg_cyrus_user $ANNOTATIONS_BAK
>>
>>   su $eg_cyrus_user -c "/kolab/bin/cvt_cyrusdb $ANNOTATIONS_BAK

> [...]

Alain Spineux
aspineux gmail com
May the sources be with you