Kolab-users Digest, Vol 57, Issue 37

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Wed Dec 3 09:50:55 CET 2008

Quoting Florian Oszwald <oszwald at web.de>:

> Am Samstag 29 November 2008 23:03:58 schrieb kolab-users-request at kolab.org:
>> Quoting Florian Oszwald <oszwald at web.de>:
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > I now have horde installed working together with kolab on opensuse 10.2.
>> >
>> > The problem is, that i get the message DB Error: not found everytime I
>> > log in on a new day or making a new entry in the calendar or in notes.
>> >
>> > In /var/log/horde/horde.log I do not get any useful information about
>> > this problem. On the internet I found, that it might be related to the
>> > SQL, but I am using it together with Kolab, so there is no need for sql,
>> > is there?
>>
>> Correct. In general there is no need for a database. If Horde gives
>>  you this error the configuration provided by the package
>> maintainers  is broken and you should submit a bug concerning the
>> package.
>>
>> For newer Horde/Kolab installations you need a database if you want
>> to  use SyncML. But it should be sufficient if this is based on
>> sqlite and  I see it as a package maintainers task to provide a
>> correctly  preconfigured database in that case.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Gunnar
>
> Hi Gunnar,
> thank you very much for your email.
> Would it be possible to somehow narrow it a little bit more down, so I can
> file the bug more exactly and help the package maintainer more precisely?

No, not really. From your report it is not clear to me which subsystem
was configured to require a database and fails. It might be the alarms
module but thats a guess.

As I do not have access to the native Kolab Server port you are using
I'd suggest opening the bug in the unspecific form you reported it
here and work with the port maintainer to get it more specific. The
maintainer will know how Horde was configured and should be able to
get more details in the discussion with you. Either the port
maintainer is able to already fix the bug that way or he contacts
Kolab or Horde upstream. That is the best way of handling these types
of bugs in my eyes.

> Installing Kolab/horde with openpgk will not work for me due to limited
> bandwith and traffic.

Hm, I'd still guess that it is cheaper to invest into bandwith rather
than investing days and weeks into bug fixing. I have been working for
more than three years on a native Gentoo port and it is not nearly as
good as the Kolab2/OpenPKG server ;)

Cheers,

Gunnar