How-To activate RBL (Spamhaus), the SpamAssassin way

Gregor Adamczyk g.adamczyk at netkult.eu
Tue Dec 2 12:30:14 CET 2008

Halo, I have some trouble with activating SPAMHAUS RBL and another in
Kolab 2.2.

I don't really understand the working mechanism from amavisd-new.

I read already some FAQ but this don't help me to understand the situation.

In the FAQ: http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/#faq-spam

I read this:
Does SpamAssassin observe settings in its configuration file local.cf?
SA does observe all settings in its configuration file, but not all of
them have effect...

I know that it is possible to activate RBL on two ways.
With SpamAssassin or directly in Postfix.

I think SpamAssassin is the better way, so I test this:

change in:
/kolab/etc/kolab/templates/local.cf.template
score RCVD_IN_SBL 10
score RCVD_IN_XBL 10
score RCVD_IN_PBL 10

change in:
/kolab/etc/kolab/templates/amavisd.conf.template
$sa_local_tests_only = 0;   # (default: false)

then run:
/kolab/sbin/kolabconf

after request a SPAM test mail (nelson-sbl-test at crynwr.com) from spamhaus:

read instruction here:
http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/howtouse.html

I received the black listed mail without any higher score.

I don't understand why, please help me to understand this...

Thank You