Duplication of appointments in shared calendar

Albrecht Dreß albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com
Tue Dec 2 10:59:38 CET 2008

Hi,

I have a *really* nasty problem with the duplication of appointments in
a shared calendar.  I run a self-compiled Kolab 2.2.0 on Ubuntu
8.04/64.  My users (~35) use Outlook 2002/2003/2007 through the latest
Toltec connector.

The problem occurs on a shared calendar for which all users have write
access.  Periodically, *all* appointments in this calendar get
mysteriously duplicated, and in some cases they occur even more times
(I saw up to 8 copies of the same one).  Sometimes the attributes of
the copies are slightly different (e.g. the background colour displayed
in Outlook is changed).

I tried to follow (in imapd.log) who adds the "spam" to the calendar,
and temporarily de-activated write access for those users, but
apparently many of them seem to trigger this problem.

Is this a known problem?  In Toltec or in Kolab?  Any idea how I can
solve this bug?  It is somewhat annoying to manually erase the
duplicates manually every day...

Thanks,
Albrecht.