Master/Slave functionality?

Christian Funke funke at hiskp.uni-bonn.de
Thu Aug 21 09:12:44 CEST 2008

Am Mittwoch 20 August 2008 22:33:47 schrieb Del:
> Thanks again. What I will need then is probably a mirror of the master
> server to achieve redundancy on server level. I haven't figured out a
> good way to enable fail-over, so any reports on a working set-up is
> appreciated.

Hi,

for redudundancy i use 2 servers which share a drbd (network raid1) drive on
which kolab is installed and the failover check is performed by heartbeat
which monitors both nodes and starts kolab on the apropriate node. So far
everything is working fine, though of course it does not eliminate the need to
make backups.

Greets Christian