Group permission for calendar

Saim Kim s.kim at hia.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Aug 20 16:54:14 CEST 2008

Gunnar Wrobel schrieb:
> "Saim Kim" <s.kim at hia.rwth-aachen.de>:
>
>> Hello Gunnar.
>>
>> Gunnar Wrobel schrieb:
>>>
>>> sorry for the late response.

>>> Can you be more specific on the application you try to use in order to
>>> see or access the folder? Also in fbview?
>> I'm using fbview to set the calendar permissions and double checked with
>> cyradm.
>
> I doubt that this really works as you descibe it as the fbview
> installation (as well as the web client installation) should not yet
> know anything about groups. If you check this with cyradm, do you see
> the prefixed "group:" in front of the group mail address? If not it
> won't work as cyrus IMAP interprets this as a single user, not a
> distribution list/group.

Ah, ok! Thanks for clearing that up for  me :-) I definetly do not have
a "group:" prefix in cyradm interface in front of the user permissions.
So, for now I will just use the workaround by making it visible and
readable for all users since it is not (yet) a problem to make calendars
visible for all. But it would definetly be great for a future release.

>> I cannot see those folders in Outlook/Toltec and Horde. I would
>> like to use this function to grant read access to the calendars of
>> ressources for a group of users.
>
> This won't work in the current release of the Kolab web client in
> Kolab server 2.2.0 as the Kolab group driver is not yet included in
> the release. It will be present in the next release. If you wish you
> can add a bug about this so that we have a reminder to check that
> feature before the next release.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Gunnar

Ok, I'll add a bug to the wishlist.

Best regards,
Saim

>> Best regards,
>> Saim
>>

>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Gunnar

Dipl.-Ing. Saim Kim
Lehrstuhl fuer Medizinische Informationstechnik
Helmholtz-Institut fuer Biomedizinische Technik
RWTH Aachen
Pauwelsstr. 20, D-52074 Aachen
---
Web:   http://www.medit.hia.rwth-aachen.de/