Postfix accepting mail for subdomains

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Tue Aug 19 16:52:20 CEST 2008

* Alex Kent <alex at DragonRising.com> [20080819 16:48]:
> When I send mail via my kolab 2.2 server (kolab.domain.tld) to a server
> (lists.domain.tld) that isn't in kolab's list of domains specified via
> the web client, the kolab server accepts the mail and then bounces it
> when no corresponding user is found.
>
> Could this be a problem with kolab automatically accepting mail for
> subdomains of domain.tld?

Look at the masquerade_domains setting in main.cf.template

You can add exceptions by specifying them before the existing entry, e.g.:

masquerade_domains = lists.$mydomain @@@postfix-mydestination|join( )@@@

Regards,
Thomas Arendsen Hein

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrueck - Register: Amtsgericht Osnabrueck, HR B 18998