Cannot activate Forward email, mail delivery or vacation

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Tue Aug 19 15:29:28 CEST 2008

* Morten Christensen <mc-kolab at mc.cx> [20080818 21:56]:
> Alain Spineux skrev den 18-08-2008 11:41:
> > On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 10:49 PM, Morten Christensen <mc-kolab at mc.cx> wrote:
> >> If I log into the Kolab admin interface as a user and try to activate
> >> Mail delivery, Forward email or Vacation, I get error-messages like this
> >> one from Mail Forward:
> >>
> >> Errors:
> >> Not currently in TRANSACTION state
> >> Script was:
> >>
> >> require "fileinto";
> >> redirect "mc at g.mc.cx"; keep;
> >>
> >> Kolab version is 2.2.0
> >
> > Is tiemsieved running ?
> >
> > # telnet localhost 2000
> >
> > use quit tu quit the programme
>
> Yes, I can telnet to port 2000.

try  telnet whatyouhaveconfiguredasyourkolabserverfqdn 2000
(this is exactly what the web admin interface does itself, e.g. to
configure sieve scripts on a slave server)

Kolab servers want to be able to reach themselves (and their
masters/slaves) via the names you have configured, otherwise various
things (e.g. sieve via web admin) won't work.

> > Try to setup the script using sieveshell command
> >
> > # /kolab/bin/sieveshell -u email at addreee -a email at address localhost
> > email at address_password
> >
> > man sieveshell for more
>
> I succeeded in setting the redirect-command in the sieveshell.
> But not very userfriendly and why isn't the webinterface working ?

sieveshell is not intended to be (end)user friendly, but to be as
simple as possible.

Regards,
Thomas

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrueck - Register: Amtsgericht Osnabrueck, HR B 18998