Samba integration / adding more objectClasses

Albrecht Dreß albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com
Fri Aug 8 16:22:10 CEST 2008

Hi all,

sorry for bombarding you with questions, but I believe this one is not
in the top-level readme...

I try to hack Kolab to use the LDAP data also for Linux and Samba
accounts.  I found this nice howto <http://www.howto.gr/dr/node/1>, and
tried to follow it.  In step 7a, I changed the first referenced
statement in the file /kolab/var/kolab/www/admin/user/user.php as
described so that it reads

    $ldap_object['objectClass'] = array('top',
'inetOrgPerson','kolabInetOrgPerson','shadowAccount','posixAccount','sambaSamAccount');

- but when I add a new user, I can see in gq that no extra object
classes have been added.  I /can/ do that with gq, so ldap is
configured properly, but it would be *a lot* 1more convenient if the
user script would do it.  Any idea where to look?

Thanks,
Albrecht.