Question about Kolab Master-/Slave-configuration

Volker Stoppe grenzlaeufer at gmx.net
Tue Apr 29 10:55:51 CEST 2008

Hallo!

I have a question regarding the use of Kolab in a
master-/slave-environment.

Situation:
It would be interesting to use different Kolab-servers
(master-/slave-configuration) for different locations, with the same
mail-domain. If I register a slave in the mx-record of my mail-domain and
a mail for a user on a slave-server reaches my mail domain:
how is the mail delegated to the slave server? Does the master take the
mail and forwards it to the slave, or is a another mechanism? The
mx-domain shouldn´t know where to deliver a certain mail to a special
server.

Greetinx

Volker