Is possible to change the kolab "manager" password?

Richard Bos ml at radoeka.nl
Fri Apr 25 21:09:53 CEST 2008

Op Friday 25 April 2008 07:09:28 schreef Gunnar Wrobel:
> Hi Fabio,
>
> Fabio Pietrosanti <fp at khamsa.net> writes:
> > I found a thread about kolab 1.1 but nothing about kolab 2.2 .
> >
> > I would like to know if there's a stable procedure to change the kolab's
> > manager password of a running system.
>
> I think it should be possible but there are probably some pitfalls. As
> we don't have anything in the wiki I'm afraid the information might
> not be available at the moment.

use the script kolabpasswd (which might not be located in /usr/bin in an
openpkg installation):

# head -5 /usr/bin/kolabpasswd
#!/usr/bin/perl -w

# The kolabpasswd script is used for changing the manager password on a Kolab
Server.
# In multi-location Kolab setups the script must be run on each individual
host
# seperately.

--
Richard Bos