Event series not working

Saim Kim s.kim at hia.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Apr 25 20:36:05 CEST 2008

Some more information,

I found that Outlook doesn't always send the invitations in iCalender
format -hence the winmail.dat file (especially when the event was
created before the switch to Kolab or on a mobile device) .
Nevertheless, there is still an issue with automatic handeling of event
series (error message see below). If the event handeling is set to
manual then everything is fine, so I believe that the invitation is ok
-just the automatic handeling fails to recognize the event series.

Best regards,
saim

Saim Kim schrieb:
> Some more information: It seems to be a general problem with automatic
> recognition of events. Instead of automatically putting the event into
> the calendar the email remains in the inbox with a "winmail.dat" file
> attached. Events that have been newly created in Outlook -everything
> works fine. Older events that have been created either on an external
> device or before synchronizing with the kolab server for the first
> time are not recognized.
>
> I filed an issue report on the issue tracker. I'm working on an Debian
> Etch system with Kolab 2.2 rc 2. Is there already a approximate
> release date for the Kolab 2.2 release version?
>
> Best regards,
> Saim
>

> Bernhard Reiter schrieb:
>> On Wednesday 23 April 2008 18:39, Saim Kim wrote:
>>
>>> yet another problem :-(
>>> When I try to send an event series to somebody else  I get the
>>> following
>>> error message:
>>>
>>> <somebody at mydomain.com>: Command died with status 255:
>>>     "/kolab/bin/php". Command output:
>>>     2873,/kolab/lib/php/Net/IMAPProtocol.php,PROTOCOL
>>> ERROR!:UNIMPLEMMENTED! > I     don't know the parameter 'NOMODSEQ' !!!
>>>

>> If you are using Kolab Server 2.2-rc2, you might have hit a defect.
>>
>> Then you help us be reporting it: :)
>> https://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Problem_reporting
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>>

>>>     2973,/kolab/lib/php/Net/IMAPProtocol.php,PROTOCOL ERROR!:bogus
>>> response!!!!
>>>     (COMMAND:OK) 2873,/kolab/lib/php/Net/IMAPProtocol.php,PROTOCOL
>>>     ERROR!:UNIMPLEMMENTED! I don't know the parameter 'URLMECH' !!!
>>>     2873,/kolab/lib/php/Net/IMAPProtocol.php,PROTOCOL
>>> ERROR!:UNIMPLEMMENTED! I
>>>     don't know the parameter 'INTERNAL' !!!
>>>     2973,/kolab/lib/php/Net/IMAPProtocol.php,PROTOCOL ERROR!:bogus
>>> response!!!!
>>>     (COMMAND:OK)
>>>
>>> How can I get this to work?

Dipl.-Ing. Saim Kim
Lehrstuhl fuer Medizinische Informationstechnik
Helmholtz-Institut fuer Biomedizinische Technik
RWTH Aachen
Pauwelsstr. 20, D-52074 Aachen
---
Web:   http://www.medit.hia.rwth-aachen.de/