upgrade to 2.2-rc2: uninitialized value $Kolab::config{"base_dn"}

Johannes Graumann johannes_graumann at web.de
Fri Apr 11 07:56:36 CEST 2008

Alain Spineux wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 10:30 AM, Johannes Graumann
> <johannes_graumann at web.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>  Any proposals on where to look to investigate this issue?
>>
>>  Thanks, Joh
>>
>>  Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string
>>  at /kolab/lib/perl/vendor_perl/5.10.0/Kolab.pm line 170.
>>  Password verification failed.
>>  Use of uninitialized value $Kolab::config{"base_dn"} in concatenation
>>  (.) or string at /kolab/lib/perl/vendor_perl/5.10.0/Kolab.pm line 186.
>>  Use of uninitialized value $Kolab::config{"bind_dn"} in concatenation
>>  (.) or string at /kolab/lib/perl/vendor_perl/5.10.0/Kolab.pm line 200.
>>  fatal: Can't read configuration, please make sure that kolabquotawarn
>>  runs with sufficient privileges
>
> From does this message come from ?
> In an email ?
> Is it possible that this message was generated in the interval between
> the time you have compiled and when you have ran bootstrap ?
> Do you still have this message after the bootstrap ?
This was in multiple emails over hours after the upgrade. There was no
bootstrap, since this was an upgrade. The messages seem now gone, since I
changed ownership of /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab.conf from kolab-n to kolab
(based on a comparisson with the backup of my former 2.1 setup). Does that
make sense?

Joh