New to kolab

Sun Sep 30 18:42:56 CEST 2007

On Sunday 30 Sep 2007 7:38:48 pm Thomas Spuhler wrote:
> kitts wrote:
> > Hello friends,
> >
> > I am new to kolab and to this list. I am currently experimenting with
> > kolab on a test server before using it on a production server. I am using
> > it to serve about 20 users and it is hosted on a server that performs
> > other functions such as internet sharing, proxy, intranet webserver, dhcp
> > etc.
> >
> > I know the preferred install process is to use openPKG. The server i have
> > run kubuntu server (without GUI) and i would much prefer to use the
> > native binaries available from the repos.
> >
> > Now i have installed kolabd and kolab-webadmin. On restart, i can see
> > that imap, pop etc ports are open on server. i checked this running nmap
> > on a client and the ports showed up only after installing kolab.
> >
> > Now i am unable to configure kolab. I installed kolab-webadmin but still
> > https://serverip/admin returns nothing file not found on the client's
> > browser. Apache2 is working as removing /admin shows me the default pages
> > of apache2.
> >
> > Any hints how to get started?
>
> I am using the native Mandriva installation. I have a few more packages,
> but that may be the way the packaged it.
> But you did not mention doing a kolab_bootstrap -b
> You need to do this at least before you can use kolab. I should have
> told you to do this during the installation process.

What is the "-b" option for? bootstrap fails with that option saying it could
not temporarily start slapd.

debconf did bootstrap automatically. I did that again and it asked me to shut
down all daemons, then it said configuration files are already present and
backed them up before getting me started again. So i went through the process
again to the same effect.
--
Cheers!
kitts