Message aging

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 19:59:17 CEST 2007

On 9/26/07, Paul Franklin <pdf at yugm.org> wrote:
> Is there any way to delete aged messages from a specified account?  I
> have set up junk mail to be routed to a special mailbox so that I can
> rescue any few false positives.  But I don't want to have to keep
> deleting the old ones manually, so I would love to find that this can be
> automated.
> I came back from 5 days off and found 4,800 messages in the junk trap.
> --Paul

4800, you have lot of friends :-)

Try "man ipurge" for a "immediate" solution.

Or setup the more automated "expire" option on the folder using cyradm.
Every time "cyr_expire" will be run by cyrus master daemon, all your
email will be purged.

for more :

man cyradm
man cyr_expire
more /kolab/etc/imapd/cyrus.conf

Regards

> --
> Paul Douglas Franklin
> Computer Manager, Union Gospel Mission of Yakima, Washington
> Husband of Danette
> Father of Laurene, Miriam, Tycko, Timothy, Sarabeth, Marie, Dawnita, Anna Leah, Alexander, and Caleb

Alain Spineux
aspineux gmail com
May the sources be with you