masquerade_domains

Matias Schwalm ms at tbits.net
Mon Sep 17 16:55:33 CEST 2007

Hi,

I updated our Kolabserver from
2.1-beta-2 to
2.1.0
After that we had the problem, that the Kolabserver masqueraded everything.
Example: test at anything.domain.de should be forwarded to an other server.
But now the Kolabserver masqueraded it to @domain.de and the e-mails didn't
arrive anymore.
Has there been any change between above versions that explains this
behavior?

As workarround we put the subdomain to the main.cf.template
masquerade_domains = !anything.domain.de @@@postfix-mydestination|join( )@@@

the differences of the mail.cf.template of this versions are:

version 2.1-beta-2
masquerade_domains = $mydomain
masquerade_exceptions = root

version 2.1.0
masquerade_domains = !anything.domain.de @@@postfix-mydestination|join( )@@@
#       Kolab Server does _not_ want to forward to local machines by
default,
#       so we can add "envelope_recipient" to masquerade_classes:
masquerade_classes = envelope_sender, envelope_recipient,
                     header_sender, header_recipient