Problem with Kontact on ubuntu 7.10

Neville Makopo neville at impilinux.co.za
Tue Oct 30 12:16:06 CET 2007

Hi,
On Tuesday 30 October 2007 12:05:15 James Hughes wrote:
> Well as a long time Kubuntu user I thought I would wade in on this topic :)
>
> I am using the new 'enterprise' kontact in kubuntu and crash it
> does...sadly a lot. Moving large amounts of emails, deleting imap accounts
> and pressing too many buttons at once all seem to be things that 'upset'
> the kontact program.
I'm using Kontact enterprise with Kolab server and we even use it in
production for customers for quite some time now, about 8 months. However,
our Kontact Enterprise is installed on Ubuntu as opposed to Kubuntu. As for
the crashes that you are experiencing, which kontact enterprise revision
number do you have? and could you give more information as to how one can
reproduce the crash?

> > But i haven't found my specific problem, i have experienced also
> > yesterday, when i change my IMAP subscriptions kontact crash at the next
> > check mail, restart kontact and the "Sent" folders was purge! No more
> > email in its.
Are you using DIMAP(disconnected IMAP)? if so, I had a similar problem as
above and solved by Rebuilding cache and refreshing broken indexes of the
folders. To do this right-click on the folder and choose Troubleshoot IMAP
cache.

Hope that helps...

Regards
Neville Makopo

Impi Linux (Pty) Ltd
1st Floor, Wembley Building, The Campus
57 Sloane Street, Bryanston, Sandton, South Africa
Tel: +27 11 575 6284
Fax: +27 11 576 6284
--

Disclaimer: