Kontact/KMail not creating Groupware Folers

Andrew J. Kopciuch akopciuch at bddf.ca
Tue Oct 23 09:46:19 CEST 2007

> Anyone know what the problem is?

I am wondering if you are subscribed to the folders?

When I remove my IMAP subscription ... I can no longer write a new event to
the Calendar.   Even though the option is still there for the resource.

To check your subscriptions :

Right click on you Inbox, and there should be a menu option "Subscription",
from there you should have a list of all IMAP folders, and whether or not you
are currently subscribed (Including other users ... ie. shared calendars).

If you are missing the Calendar, Tasks,  Contacts Folders from your folder
list (ala Outlook), there is an option in Kontact to hide the groupware
folders.   I remember it being rather hard to find, and it took me a while
just now.

In the Kontact menu, "Settings", choose "Configure Kontact".  In the tree on
the left of the configuration panel, under Mail, then Misc.   There is
a "Groupware" tab, which has a checkbox for "Hide Groupware Folders".  You
might want to just check your settings on there in general to make sure they
are correct.

HTH,

Andy