OpenSuSE 10.3 integration

Eric K eknuds-kolab at knudstrup.org
Sun Oct 14 08:42:37 CEST 2007

Gunnar Wrobel wrote:

> > Hi Eric,
> >
> > Eric K <eknuds-kolab at knudstrup.org> writes:
> >
> > Right, the postfix patches went in with postffix-2.4.0 so there is no
> > patching needed.

Great!

> > The Horde patches are also in the directory given above. Are you using
> > Horde with a Kolab server right now? I'd not expect SyncML to work
> > with the Kolab drivers at the moment. The changes added to the Horde
> > share system still pose some problems to the internal API calls.

That's a bummer.  I wonder which would be more work.  Getting another
front to work (such as Funambol) or updating the Horde SyncML
implementation.
Right now I'm using Horde with the MySQL backend.

> > I guess they are also interested in OpenSuSE 10.3. So maybe there is a
> > chance to collaborate.
> >
> > Richard sent me a reply, so yeah, I'd like to assist in the effort
> > somehow.

I'm starting a new job in a couple of days so I may not have an excess
of time and energy.
I think what I'd like to do at least is try to build a verson of the
core Kolab package for 10.3 that doesn't need a separate Postfix package.
My current server is completely functional but getting a little out of
date, so I'm looking to do something soon.

Eric