Horde 3.1.5

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Oct 2 17:22:39 CEST 2007

Zitat von Richard Bos <ml at radoeka.nl>:

> Op Monday 01 October 2007 13:16:38 schreef Gunnar Wrobel:
>> > Are they aiming for a release of 3.2 some time soon?
>>
>> Otherwise they would not have released 3.2-ALPHA. It is planned but I
>> currently cannot give you any details. I think the current policy is
>> "It's done when it's done."
>
> Right, there are 3 showstoppers left according this page:
> http://wiki.horde.org/ShowStoppersThreeTwo

I added a few more recently :)

> But how much time will those 3 take to get done?  E.g. this one
> http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/?id=5030 has not been updated since 7 July of
> this year.  Oh and this one http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/?id=4581 is almost a
> year unchanged....  This makes it very hard to judge when 3.2 will have no
> showstoppers anymore.

Right, you can't tell from the latest update date how long it would
take to fix them. 5030 is not really a hard show stopper anymore, 4581
shouldn't be too hard to close. But it's not fun work, so no-one
stepped up so far.

> Hmmm, found this http://wiki.horde.org/ReleaseManagement on the horde wiki.
> When following the links, the only applications that are not "done" are:
> http://www.horde.org/kronolith/roadmap/ and http://www.horde.org/nag/roadmap/
> With both the same functionality missing:
> WebDAV/CalDAV/GroupDAV capabilities.

This probably won't be finished before the release, since it would
take toi much time to implement it cleanly, none of the Horde
developers can currently afford this for free.

> It would be nice if e.g. Jan (Schneider) could shine a light on a
> possible 3.2
> release (beta) date.

We will be working on closing the larger remaining issues in the next
1-2 weeks and will release the first RC by then.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/