Installing kolab-server-2.1.0 fails on Suse 10.3 alpha4

Jogchum Reitsma j.reitsma at hccnet.nl
Sat May 26 22:58:05 CEST 2007

Hi,

I downloaded kolab-server-2.1.0 from ftp.belnet.be, checked it's md5sum
and issued the

sh obmtool kolab 2>&1 | tee kolab-build.log

command.

Openpackage got compiled and installed OK, the /kolab directory
framework is set up too, but after that installation fails.

The log begins with

---- boot/build souder-exp %kolab ----
install openpkg-2.5.4-2.5.4
wiperpm gdbm-1.8.3-2.5.0
wiperpm dbtool-1.6-2.5.0
error: package gdbm is not installed
error: package dbtool is not installed
install make-3.80-2.5.0
rebuild make-3.80-2.5.0
error: db4 error(13) from dbenv->open: Permission denied
error: cannot open Packages index using db3 - Permission denied (13)
error: cannot open Packages database in /kolab/RPM/DB
Installing /kolab/RPM/PKG/make-3.80-2.5.0.src.rpm

and subsequently similar error mesages for all packages. The .tar-files
are extracted from the .src.rpm's but that's it.

I don't have gdbm or dbtool installed, but since the script calls
wiperpm I think thats's not an issue? And since I had the impression
that the kolab-server is to a great extend self-contained, and gdbm nor
dbtool are in the kolab download, I  concluded the problem must be
elsewhere.

Google wasn't my friend this time, maybe someone here is - what do I do
wrong?

thanks in advance, regards, jogchum