smtp-auth for ISP

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Mon May 21 15:38:36 CEST 2007

Hi Rajnish,

"rajnish kumar" <kumarrajnishgupta at gmail.com> writes:

> Dear friends
>                    I have installed Kolab2 . I want sending all my
> mails  through my ISP for this how can i configure ISP username ,
> password and IP address(ISP IP) in kolab. so plz solve my smtp-auth
> problem. But one thing i want to clear my ISP does't support sasl auth
> for smtp authentication they only support plain smtp auth.

This is not possible with the default settings of the Kolab
server. You have the option of setting a relayhost in the "services"
panel of the Kolab webadmin, but if you need to provide a username and
a password for your relay host, you will need to modify the postfix
configuration for this.

It might be the case that postfix does not support using non-sasl
authenticated SMTP. You should probably consult the postfix mailing
list for further details.

Cheers,

Gunnar