Recurring event sent to resource results in single event for start day after response by resmgr

Andreas Gungl Andreas.Gungl at osp-dd.de
Tue May 8 13:47:25 CEST 2007

Hello,

I try to book a room (Kolab 2 resource account) for a weekly recurring event
with 15 recurrences (tried with end date as well). I'm using Kontact froom
KDE 3.5.6 as client.
The Kolab server sends back an acceptance message, however in the calendar
of the resource account there is only the event without the recurrence
rule.

BTW, I'm running the Kolab 2.0.4 resource manager package from 20060811.
I've pinned it down to the difference of

 <recurrence cycle="weekly" >
  <interval>1</interval>
  <day>thursday</day>
  <range type="number" >15</range>
 </recurrence>

in the original event, while the event in the resource calendar contains

  <recurrence cycle="weekly">
    <day>thursday</day>
    <interval></interval>
    <range type="number">15</range>
  </recurrence>

I've also found that the mail folder containing the messages of the resource
calendar is sometimes not updated correctly. Although there are new
messages on the server (I can validate this using another IMAP client), I
have to use the Troubleshoot IMAP Cache function to make Kontact aware of
the change. This is on a DIMAP account and it seems to happen only to
resource folders.

Well, I'm actually a strong supported of the Kolab product. But this problem
makes me wonder about the quality of the server implementation. Did really
nobody ever come across such problems?

Regards,
Andreas