admin at domain.com addresses

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Mon May 7 14:05:11 CEST 2007

Divan Santana <divan.santana at gmail.com> writes:

> "Errors:
>  User, vCard or distribution list with this email address already exists"
>
> Thats what the web interface says when I try create a user account.
> Its because of the "admin"@domain.com part.
>
> Is admin reserved somehow for some system stuff?
>
> I checked the users section of the web interface and there definitely isn't
> any "admin" anything on that screen. Also checked the distribution lists and
> also not there.

I had the feeling I remembered the error but I couldn't remember where
I saw it before: It is actually mentioned in the wiki
(http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Allowing_%22admin%22_addresses) and
there is also a bug about it
(https://intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue589). I'll move the wiki
part to the troubleshooting section soon.

Cheers,

Gunnar